Wednesday 12 January 2022

Kick Start/Exploring the world of Cicadas

On with the topic of summer. We're going to look at Cicadas. For our learn we watched a video of a cicada shedding its skin. I found this video a little yucky if you were to ask me but it's normal to them. Then we learnt about their skins that they leave everywhere. After that we had to look for cicada skins and make art out of them! Though it said if you couldn't find any then you could draw a cicada. So I went for about a 5 min walk for some and couldn't find any at all so I went to plan B drawing a cicada.

I really enjoyed drawing the cicada becuase there so colourful ! X. I found It hard to draw the legs of the cicada because there like.. Sticky and skinny I had to start a million times. If you want to learn how to draw one Here's a video you can follow. Matewa



2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Charlotte,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    What an awesome activity and it is great to see you using proactive problem solving skills and drawing a cicada when you couldn't find any, great perseverance.

    I think your drawing looks incredible, it is very detailed and shows the shell of a cicada well.

    I would like to know if you learnt something new from this activity?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Zana
      I will now that you've pointed it out add something I found new I totally forgot about it, thanks.

      Honestly I think the cicada turned out well to! I did think It would look as good as it is.

      Nga mihi nui
      Charlotte

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you read, watched or listened to our blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.