Tuesday 24 August 2021

Night Time

 Have you seen a real life ruru before? Because of the lockdown our teachers wanted us to get outside and get active so they made a poster of a bunch of things we could do outside and one of them was to go outside at night with a torch and explore. I live on a farm so We have lots of property to explore. I loved going out there tonight with all the fresh air around me and I got to show other people a ruru (Morepork
). I found it hard to shine the light on the ruru and record at the same time. Please tell me if my video was cool and if I showed you a ruru for the first time heres the video.






5 comments:

  1. Wow Charlotte that was cool, lucky the Ruru didn't fly away. Sounds like you are enjoying your lockdown activities. We live in the country too and my kids are enjoying outdoor activities too. That is not my first time seeing a Ruru but usually they fly off as soon as I've seen it. I wonder if shining the light on it made it stay still.
    God Bless Mrs B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs B
    I'm sure you and your family are enjoying all the outdoor activities too I took two videos of the ruru and when I went to jump the fence it flew away but I still got a video.
    Ma te wa,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morena Charlotte,

    What a fantastic find on your nighttime walk and how lucky of you to get the Ruru on video. I learnt from you today that Ruru is the te Reo name for Morepork. Thanks! I really enjoyed seeing you exploring at night as it was very different.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Miss Hickling
    Well Not only I saw a Ruru but I also saw a stag I was gonna try get it on video but dads torch was to bright and you couldn't see it in the video. Good to know that you learnt something new .
    Ma te wa,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is so exciting. I quite like hunting too. We enjoy watching hunting videos at home.

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you read, watched or listened to our blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.