Tuesday 21 December 2021

Kick Start Magic Math

Mornea, Today I am posting on another kick start. This kick start is on Magic Math. So for this task we had to make a copy of a slide template that had three math questions on where all of them would land on a certain number 5,6 or 10. I got my mum to do all of them and she did them really fast. We both had our minds blown once we figured out all of the answers would be the 5,6 or ten.

This task actually taught me how to divide by sign on my keyboard .I really enjoyed this activity because I got to see how fast my mum could work out math problems and got to learn new things. Though what I found challenging was having to type all my mums working. Please comment if you are surprised two about this activity and what you like more  math or magic?


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Charlotte,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    I think this activity is great as it combines two things that I love: maths and magic. This little word problem magic tricks are a great way to make math exciting. It is cool to see that they worked on your Mum and you were able to trick each other with your math magic.

    It is also great to hear that you learnt something new like using the division sign on the computer!! Can you think of any other cool math magic activities that you could try out?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Charlotte, Mr Ferguson from Manaiakalani here. Well done on completing this SLJ activity. Cool, too, that you were able to work on it with your Mum! I'm curious, what is your favourite part of maths? I was never really confident with maths at school, so I have always tried to get better at things like times tables.

    Well done again on getting this task completed and on your blog! All the best to you and your family for the holidays.

    Ngā mihi
    Mr Ferguson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you read, watched or listened to our blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.