Wednesday 22 December 2021

Kick Start ,Found Sound

 Kia ora, For today's kick start we have been learning about making music out of weird and wonderful things like chippy packets, cups and random things you find everywhere. When I was thinking of some items I could use I just walked around my room to see if I could find something. I found a ruler, dartboard and darts, cup, pen and an old race car I don't use anymore. At first I didn't really know what to play but then I figured something out. Try to guess if you know what I played, even repeat the video if you need to.

I really enjoyed this task because I am a musician myself. I play the ukulele. So when I found this task I was very excited  and was busting to get into it. Though I found it challenging to get everything in the camera and found it hard to think of what to use for the video.  Again Comment if you Found out what song I was playing. Matewa.


4 comments:

  1. Mōrena Charlotte,

    It’s Charlotte again, a blog commenter for Manaiakalani. Awesome work on the Found Sounds, kick start activity!

    I think that it is great that you enjoyed this task! I noticed that you said you are a musician! I am too! How long have you been playing the ukulele? I play the piano and the saxophone!

    Unfortunately I cannot see your video, could you please share this file
    Anyone on the internet with this link can view so everyone can see it on your blog.

    Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Charlotte
      I'm glad you noticed that I played the ukulele I have played it for about two years now. And about the video how exactly do you share the file?
      Matewa,
      Charlotte

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Charlotte, thanks for sharing the file with me!

      It looks like you have been doing some fantastic mahi! I’ve changed the sharing settings on this file, and I’ll let you know how to do it next time.

      If you right click on the file in Google Drive with your mouse, it should come up with a list of options. Click ‘Share’.

      A screen will pop up, click ‘Get Link’ at the bottom, it looks kind of like a little paperclip! Change this setting to say ‘Anyone on the internet with this link can view’ then press done. Then everyone can see your amazing work.

      I hope you are having a fantastic summer. Please let me know if you need help figuring out how to share files.

      Ngā mihi,
      Lauren

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Charlotte,

    Great job on sharing your video - I'm glad you figured it out because your video is awesome! I think that it is so cool how you can make music out of things we find lying around our houses!

    What item that you used did you find the hardest to make music with?

    Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you read, watched or listened to our blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.