Tuesday 28 September 2021

Speaches

 SO this week was speeches . And we were learning in our writing how to write a persuasive piece and write the right sort of  paragraphs for this sort of writing. Obviously we learnt how to do this because we had to say our speech in front of our class. For this task we read our cameo for this week and wrote down the things we thought were most important for our writing. Like emotive language ect. I found it very challenge to write my speech but I enjoyed  presenting it.Please comment if you like speeches or not. Matewa.


Having a growth mindset is best 

Kia ora, ni hou,Malo Lelei,and hello this is my speech about why Having a growth mindset is best

Do you know what a growth mindset is? Or Do you always know you're gonna Come first and smash everyone or know your gonna come last and don't even try in an activity? Or do you even play differently to everyone else Like having goals to reach with things you find hard and being an awesome team player? Well I firmly believe that everyone should have a Growth mindset.

First of all Having a growth mindset is much better when you are trying to Achieve  your goals. Say if I had a fixed mindset And I was trying to fly to the moon If you had a fixed mindset I would say something like “I could never do this and should just give up or instead, if I do this, I will become rich,famous and  own the world. like that's TOO big of an expectation. But if you had a growth mindset you would break it into baby steps and not worry about how famous and rich you get and only enjoy that you have achieved something that was impossible before now. 

Secondly, having a growth mindset is healthy and good for your body. I know that when you have a fixed mindset about, say Maths you become very  confused and lots of pressure is put on you. Sometimes you can even end up throwing a tantrum not just at home but at school too.And I When you do this you're stressed and it is not good for you body and everyone else around you to listen to.

Lastly, having a growth mindset makes everybody happy. You may be wondering how having a growth mindset makes people happy? Well it is very simple. When you have a growth mindset your happy and you bring a good mood . Which is what everybody wants. SO when your happy it makes other people smile

So I think Everybody should strive for a growth mindset because it helps achieve your goals,Makes your brain healthy and puts you and other people in a good mood. I have one question before I leave: what sort of mindset do you think I have?







1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Charlotte,

    I really enjoyed listening to everyone's speeches last term and thought that you presented yours really well. Your topic was interesting and I too believe that it is important to have a growth mindset.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you read, watched or listened to our blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.