Monday 23 August 2021

Eels

Our second task for today was to answer questions. You're probably wondering what questions I am answering . Well I am Answering questions about native animals. We got to choose our Native
New Zealand animal. I chose an eel.When It comes to these slippery and slimy creatures there are actually a lot you don't know about them like did you know that there are only two breeds of eel in New Zealand: the short fin and long fin eel.

Here are my answers to the questions

What is the Eels mori name?

Tuna

What are the two different species of eels in New Zealand? How do you tell them apart?

Long fin eel and short fish eel. 

The dorsal (witch is the top) fin extends a lot further forward than the anal (The bottom) fin.


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Charlotte

    It's really neat to see that you are blogging your lockdown learning. I really like that one of the questions was asking what the Māori name is for Eels. Did you already know this, or did you research this information? I love the picture you have chosen to add to your blog it's very tranquil. Thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed visiting your blog today.
    Ma te wa
    Mrs Tamatea

    ReplyDelete
  2. kia ora Mrs Tamatea

    I already new that a eels mori name was tuna the photo had birds and different native animals to click on . did you find all 11?

    ma te wa,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you read, watched or listened to our blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.