Tuesday 31 August 2021

Paralympics

 Have you been watching the Paralympics? The Paralympics has now started and that means we will start researching it and writing about it. I am very excited about it because I like the athletes because you may think the olympians are amazing, They are But paralympians have disabilities which makes it twice as hard. Which is amazing. We had a task today which was to make some slides about it. I found it hard to rewrite the sentences onto my slides But I really liked researching them. Please comment on what you think I did well and if you have a cool fact about the Paralympics I might add it to my slides. Matewa


5 comments:

  1. Morena Charlotte,

    I really enjoyed reading your depth of information written in your own words. I have been watching the highlights of the Paralympic Games and it is so incredible seeing so many athletes setting world records. I had never heard of Trischa Zorn and the incredible amount of medals she earned. Do you have a favourite Paralympic sport?

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Miss Huckling
      Thanks for commenting. Personally I think swimming is the best paralympic sport becuase its very competitive and its amazing how fast they swim with one arm or 1 leg and many other things that could slow them down Its very cool.
      matewa,
      Charlotte

      Delete
    2. It is amazing, right? I saw someone who had just thighs and no arms swimming. They were incredible.

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Charlotte,
    I learned so much from reading your work! I watched Sophie Pascoe win a gold medal last night and am in awe of what these athletes do to overcome their disability and participate.
    I was amazed to read your information about the lady who won 55 medals! That is absolutely amazing!
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Mrs Torrie
      I'm glad that you learnt something new and I watch her last night to. It is very interesting of how many medals Trischa zorn one in her career.

      matewa,
      Charlotte

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you read, watched or listened to our blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.