Monday 30 August 2021

Scratch Cicadas

 Morena, Did you know that there are more than  3,000 species of cicadas? Well If you know what scratch is its a coding website that teaches you to code I will link it at the end. We had many task to choose from but I chose a scratch task, In this task we had to make our animal jump over objects. My animal was a cicada, But there were know cicada charters so I had to use a Dragonfly. The thing that help me with this was a youtube tutorial that the teachers linked for us.  I found it very challenging to make the objects move but really enjoy the coding side of it. Please have a try out of my game here are the controls . Space to jump and press the green flag to start and restart. I hope you like it! Scratch Tutorial


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Charlotte,

    I had no idea there were that many different species of Cicadas! That is crazy. Excellent quality blog post and great to read that you used a tutorial to help you. I really enjoyed playing your game. It looks really basic and easy, but it was challenging to jump over the obstacles. My highest score was 14. Can you beat that?

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morena Miss Hickling

    It is mind blowing how many different species there are. my Highest score was 19 but keep trying and im sure youll get higher. Thank you!

    Matewa,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you read, watched or listened to our blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.